Supersymmetry DeMYSTiFied (Kobo eBook)
Unravel the mystery of SUPERSYMMETRY
Trying to comprehend supersymmetry but feeling a bit off balance? Grab hold of this straightforward guide and learn the fundamental concepts behind this revolutionary principle.
- Covers supercharges, SUPERFIELDS, superspace, SUSY breaking, the minimal supersymmetric standard model, and more
- LOADED with DETAILED examples, ILLUSTRATIONS, and explanations
- Perfect for SELF-STUDY or as a classroom SUPPLEMENT
- COMPLETE with end-of-chapter QUIZZES and a FINAL EXAM
Written in an easy-to-follow format, Supersymmetry Demystified explains Weyl, Majorana, and Dirac spinors, notations, and supersymmetric lagrangians. Supersymmetric charges and their algebra are discussed, as are interactions and gauge theories. The book also covers superspace formalism, superfields, supersymmetry breaking, and much more. Detailed examples, clear illustrations, and concise explanations make it easy to understand the material, and end-of-chapter quizzes and a final exam help reinforce learning.
It's a no-brainer! You'll get:
- An explanation of the Wess-Zumino model
- Tips on how to build supersymmetric lagrangians
- Coverage of superspace and superfields
- A detailed presentation of the minimal supersymmetric standard model (MSSM) and some of its phenomenological implications.
Simple enough for a beginner, but challenging enough for an advanced student, Supersymmetry Demystified is your key to understanding this fascinating particle physics subject.