Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the Ultimate Book series.
"Playful, detail-rich scenes give readers plenty to pore over." — Publishers Weekly
Learn all about the people, places, and vehicles that make the city go: The express bus drives passengers to work, swans swim in the lake at the park... Best of all, lots of flaps, popups, pull-tabs, and rotating wheels bring a vibrant city to life. Readers will learn what traffic signs mean, see all that goes on in big buildings, and visit a fire station. Any child who is interested in how cities work adore this extraordinary book.
• Supersized spreads feature marvelously detailed illustrations that just beg to be pored over again and again
• More than 55 interactive flaps, tabs, and more to keep kids engaged
• A captivating adventure that brings the city and the magic of books to life in young minds
"There's lots to see and do in this big city." — Kirkus Reviews
Fans of How Things Work will also enjoy the stunning details and interactive fun of The Ultimate Book of Cities.
• Great family read-aloud book
• Books for kids ages 5–8
• Books for preschool, kindergarten, and elementary school children
About the Author
Anne-Sophie Baumann studied science and literature before becoming an editor and finally, an author. A keen investigator herself, she satisfying curious young minds. Her topics range from construction vehicles to wildlife and often feature moveable parts to help children understand the world around them.
Didier Balicevic studied at the Ecole des Arts Décoratifs in Strasbourg. He lives near Paris, where he works in publishing.
"There's lots to see and do in this big city."-Kirkus Reviews
"Playful, detail-rich scenes give readers plenty to pore over."--Publishers Weekly