Dive into the world of The Matrix ahead of the 2021 release of Lana Wachowski’s The Matrix Resurrections!
Taking the Red Pill is a thought-provoking, mind-expanding thrill ride through The Matrix, examining the technological challenges, religious symbolism, and philosophical dilemmas the film presents.
Renowned scientists, technologists, philosophers, scholars, social commentators, and science fiction authors provide engaging and provocative perspectives:
• Inventor and technologist Ray Kurzweil reveals the technological trends that make The Matrix more prophetic than anyone suspects
• Sun chief scientist Bill Joy’s classic essay “Why the Future Doesn’t Need Us” describes the horrors that await as these technologies are developed
• Yale philosopher and occasional standup comic Nick Bostrom calculates the odds that we are in the Matrix
• Best-selling science fiction author Robert J. Sawyer explores the history of artificial intelligence in science fiction culminating with The Matrix
• Economist and philosopher of science Robin Hanson shows how we are controlled by a power as malevolent as that of the Matrix
Taking the Red Pill will change how you view The Matrix—and the world around you.
About the Author
Glenn Yeffeth is a writer, editor, and columnist. He is the editor of a biography of Joss Whedon and a nonfiction anthology of essays about Buffy the Vampire Slayer. He lives in Dallas, Texas.