Honest. Authentic. 100% Reliable. This workbook will empower you to move forward, not on, after pregnancy loss.
In this follow-up to her widely acclaimed book, The Miscarriage Map, Dr. Sunita Osborn has created a secular and research-based workbook to approach the painful reality of pregnancy loss. Strikingly vulnerable, yet drawing on her work in reproductive psychology, she is unparalleled in her ability to help those who have also experienced miscarriage.
In the Miscarriage Map Workbook, Dr. Osborn offers a straightforward roadmap to help women move through the trauma and grief of pregnancy loss, allowing them to feel deeply understood, better equipped to handle life stressors, and more empowered to move forward in life. With both her clinical expertise and personal experience in mind, this workbook is filled with practical, engaging, and meaningful tools and insight that will allow readers to:
- Develop coping skills for pregnancy loss and the intense emotions that accompany miscarriages
- Uncover their reproductive stories and process reproductive trauma
- Cultivate greater acceptance, compassion, and empathy for themselves
- Work through the sense of betrayal and shame they may feel toward their physical body
- Navigate intimacy and the unique challenges in their relationships
- Reconnect with their purpose and values as they move forward, not on, from their loss
Each chapter includes notes, and tips that therapists, OBGYNs, midwifes, and other helping professionals can use to tailor treatments for each individual patient.