Other Books in Series
This is book number 10 in the Blue Period series.
- #1: Blue Period 1 (Paperback): $12.99
- #2: Blue Period 2 (Paperback): $12.99
- #3: Blue Period 3 (Paperback): $12.99
- #4: Blue Period 4 (Paperback): $12.99
- #5: Blue Period 5 (Paperback): $12.99
- #6: Blue Period 6 (Paperback): $12.99
- #7: Blue Period 7 (Paperback): $12.99
- #8: Blue Period 8 (Paperback): $12.99
- #9: Blue Period 9 (Paperback): $12.99
- #11: Blue Period 11 (Paperback): $12.99
- #12: Blue Period 12 (Paperback): $12.99
Winner of the 2020 Manga Taisho Grand Prize! A manga about the struggles and rewards of a life dedicated to art. Popular guy Yatora realizes he's just going through the motions to make other people happy and finds himself in a new passion: painting. But untethering yourself from all your past expectations is dangerous as well as thrilling...
Yatora studies hard and gets good grades, and he parties hard, staying out late drinking and watching soccer with his friends. He checks all the boxes he needs to be the perfect high school student. But it all starts to feel empty, and he begins to wonder what part of his life expresses who he is...or even if he has a unique voice at all. Then he wanders into the art room one day, and a lone painting captures his eye, awakening him to a kind of beauty he never knew. Compelled and consumed, he dives in headfirst--and he's about to learn how savage, unforgiving, and exhilirating creating art can be!
About the Author
Tsubasa Yamaguchi is the author of the hit manga adaptation of Makoto Shinkai's short film She and Her Cat, published in English by Vertical Comics, and the art student drama Blue Period from Kodansha Comics.