Moon Hudson Valley & the Catskills (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
Title is Backordered
Title is Backordered
The Hudson Valley is a breath of fresh air: explore historic estates, hike wild mountain terrain, and bask in small-town charm with Moon Hudson Valley & the Catskills. Inside you'll find:
- Strategic, flexible itineraries, from day trips from New York City to week-long road trips and a 6-day bike tour, designed for outdoor adventurers, history buffs, art-lovers, foodies, and more
- Must-see highlights and unique experiences: Bike along rolling hills and quiet country roads, hike to rushing waterfalls, hit the slopes in the winter, or discover the best spots to see the striking fall foliage. Take a tour of Washington Irving's romantic home, admire the historic Rockefeller Estate, go antiquing in Cold Spring Village, or stroll through Sleepy Hollow. Take a cooking class at the Culinary Institute of America, browse the produce at a farmers market, sip your way along a Hudson Valley wine trail, or savor local cuisine at a farm-to-table restaurant
- The best hikes in the Hudson Valley and the Catskills, with detailed maps, mileage and difficulty ratings
- Honest advice from Catskills native Nikki Goth Itoi on when to go, where to eat, and where to stay, from full-service resorts and historic inns to secluded cabins and campsites
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Thorough background on the culture, weather, wildlife, and history, plus how to get there and get around
Exploring more of the Northeast? Check out Moon New England. Headed to the Big Apple? Try Moon New York City or Moon New York Walks.
About the Author
A native of New York State, Nikki Goth Itoi brings an insider's perspective and a traveler's sense of adventure to Moon Hudson Valley & the Catskills. She grew up making maple syrup in the Catskills, and later studied in the Berkshires and got married in Rhinebeck. These days, she visits the region to enjoy winery tours in Dutchess County, fall foliage in the mountains, lake time in the Adirondacks, and connecting with family and friends. Nikki is also the author of Moon Los Cabos and Moon Baja. She has traveled throughout Mexico, Europe, Asia, and the United States for work and fun. When not on the road, Nikki finds time for swimming, backpacking, and teaching her kids to ski. She lives in Northern California with her husband, Paul, and their two sons.