Navigating eldercare can be overwhelming, especially when dealing with dementia. You’ll find what you need in these pages, with great advice from families who have been there, done that!
These revealing stories from family caregivers—spouses, grown children and grandchildren—share the emotional support and practical tips that you need as you navigate the world of eldercare, especially when Alzheimer’s or other dementias are part of it. You’ll feel less alone and more empowered in your new role as you help your loved ones.
Find the help you need in these stories about:
• Joining your family member in his or her new reality
• Understanding and accepting Alzheimer’s and dementia
• Tough choices—moving, driving, hiring help, finances
• Independent living, assisted living, memory care, or staying home
• Love, loss, romance and friendships
• Self-care and perspective for the caregiver
• Making your “village” and asking for help
• Learning how to be patient and compassionate
• Finding the humor and the blessings along the way
• Strategies and tips that work for family caregivers
Chicken Soup for the Soul books are 100% made in the USA and each book includes stories from as diverse a group of writers as possible. Chicken Soup for the Soul solicits and publishes stories from the LGBTQ community and from people of all ethnicities, nationalities, and religions.
About the Author
Amy Newmark is Publisher and Editor-in-Chief of Chicken Soup for the Soul.