Most Bible atlases only feature maps with very few explanations--which means they show where places are, but they don't explain why they matter. Enjoy having an Atlas that not only includes over 120 maps, but also key background information Rose Then and Now Bible Map Atlas with Biblical Background and Culture is the only Bible atlas with a combination of--
- 120 stunning detailed Bible maps.
- Clear plastic overlays of modern cities and countries so you know where Bible places are today.
- Incredible insights into the lives of 30 important Bible characters. This Bible atlas focuses on people--not regions--and how the Middle East geography affected their lives and decisions.
You take studying the Bible seriously, which means you already know that understanding the Bible's background and context is the only way to fully understand its meaning. But with dozens of cultures and cities mentioned in the Bible--what information is important to know?
This is the only topical atlas available that offers all these features: Maps include lines to show the direction people traveled, along with helpful notes. Paul Wright's text gives Bible references and shows how knowing the land of the Bible uncovers new details in the most beloved stories and people.
- Know how David's clever understanding of geography and politics led to his marriage with Ahinoam of Jezreel.
- Discover why Naomi, in the Book of Ruth, couldn't just move back to Bethlehem after her husband's death and use his land again.
- Find out why Moses and the Children of Israel took the long southern trek from Egypt to the Promised Land, rather than the direct route.
This atlas gives you incredible insights into your favorite Bible stories.