Birnbaum's 2020 Walt Disney World for Kids: The Official Guide (Birnbaum Guides) (Paperback)
Title is Backordered
Title is Backordered
Real kids give honest advice for the most awesome vacation at Walt Disney World. Trust Birnbaum as your 2020-2021 guide for:
- insider tips for young readers
- kid-friendly descriptions of all theme park shows and attractions
- colorful maps, photos, Disney character illustrations, and more
- Fly the Millennium Falcon starship, take part in a battle between the Resistance and the First Order, and even drink a glass of blue milk at Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge
- Swoop and soar on Slinky Dog Dash, a kid-pleasing roller coaster in Toy Story Land
- Discover toe-tapping shows, dazzling nighttime spectaculars, and exciting new attractions such EPCOT's Ratatouille-inspired attraction and Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway, a goofy new ride at Disney's Hollywood Studios that launches guests into the wild and wacky world of cartoons
- See which attractions belong on many kids' "must-do" lists, including the exciting Magic Kingdom adventure Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Get advice from young Disney experts with kid-written tips and attraction reviews
- Tell us what YOU think about all your favorite Walt Disney World rides and attractions
- Hunt for dozens of Hidden Mickeys spread throughout Walt Disney World theme parks
- Find out what it takes to be a champion racer from a legendary speedster at Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy and at a special photo op with trainer-turned-racer Cruz Ramirez
- Meet favorite Disney characters and collect autographs from Mickey, Minnie, Anna, Elsa, Olaf, Chewbacca, Vampirina, Sofia the First, and Goofy and the gang with special autograph pages at the back of the book
- Also preserve your memories in a special scrapbook section
Planning a trip to the Walt Disney World? Be sure to have all the official guides from Disney Editions:
- Birnbaum's 2020 Walt Disney World
- The Hidden Mickeys of Walt Disney World
About the Author
When Steve Birnbaum launched this guide in 1981, he made it clear what was expected of anyone who worked on it: The book would be meticulously revised each year, leaving no attraction untested, no snack or meal untasted, no hotel untried. First-hand experiences like these, accumulated over the years, make this book the most authoritative guide to the Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts.
Our expertise, however, is not achieved by being escorted through back doors of attractions (although we would enjoy that). Instead, we wait in lines with everyone else, always hoping to have a Disney experience like that of any other guest.
While Walt Disney World has vastly expanded, and so has our knowledge of the most popular vacation destinations on the planet. On some occasions we've encountered sweltering weather and swelling crowds, times when even the happiest of travelers can turn into Grumpy for a moment or two. Had we known then what we know now, we could have spared ourselves some trying experiences.
In one case, a staffer waited more than an hour to get on an attraction. Standing in line with a notebook, she was asked by another guest if there was a quiz at the end. When she explained what she was doing, he expressed surprise to learn that she was waiting with the masses. But that's always been our strategy.
We believe the best way to gather useful advice for a Disney park guest is to be one. Over and over again!
—Jill Safro, editor
"A nice complement to Birnbaum's Walt Disney World for adults, this slimmed-down version, 'by' kids as well as for them, is ideal for getting children involved in family vacation planning. . . . Because the kids' enthusiasm is contagious, readers with a visit to Disney looming large won't be able to put this down."—American Library Association <em>Booklist</em>
"The Official Guide is also the best."—The New York Times
One of "10 Gift Ideas Theme Park Fans Will Love . . . While giving a Disney vacation is a gift out of most people's price ranges, you still can help loved ones plan for their next theme park vacation. The best Disney guidebooks are from Birnbaum's, and [release] ahead of the New Year. . . . The guidebooks offer everything from tips on how to maximize your park experiences to restaurant reviews."—International Business Times