Other Books in Series
This is book number 7 in the Cat Cafe Mystery Series series.
- #1: Cat About Town: A Cat Cafe Mystery (Cat Cafe Mystery Series #1) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #2: Purrder She Wrote: A Cat Cafe Mystery (Cat Cafe Mystery Series #2) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #3: The Tell Tail Heart: A Cat Cafe Mystery (Cat Cafe Mystery Series #3) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #4: A Whisker of a Doubt: A Cat Cafe Mystery (Cat Cafe Mystery Series #4) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #5: Claws for Alarm: A Cat Café Mystery (Cat Cafe Mystery Series #5) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #6: Gone but Not Furgotten: A Cat Cafe Mystery (Cat Cafe Mystery Series #6) (Mass Market): $8.99
In Nine Lives and Alibis, the seventh in Cate Conte's Cat Café beloved cozy mystery series, Daybreak Island is gearing up for Halloween—but this year it seems like it'll be all tricks and no treats.
It’s October in Daybreak Harbor, which means everything Halloween. The town is going all out for the holiday, hoping to one-up the festivities in neighboring Salem, Massachusetts, and Maddie James is delighted to be part of the planning for the annual happenings.
But trouble brews when Maddie’s youngest sister, Sam, books a famous medium, Balfour Dempsey, to come to town for the celebrations and stay in the local haunted inn—along with his equally famous black cat. The town busybody books a secret reading with Balfour and doesn’t want anyone to know why. Maddie’s best friend Becky is hell-bent on getting Balfour to help her solve two 40-year-old mysteries—a murder and a missing maid. And the psychic has a stalker who’s followed him here to the island, demanding he connect with her dead husband.
When Balfour is pushed off the cliffs behind the inn to his death and his beloved cat goes missing, it throws the whole town into a frenzy. And Maddie and her family find themselves in the middle of a murder mystery straight out of a Halloween movie.
About the Author
Cate Conte writes the Cat Cafe Mysteries and the Full Moon Mysteries. As Liz Mugavero, she writes the Pawsitively Organic Mysteries, the first of which was an Agatha Award nominee for Best First Novel. She lives in Connecticut with her rescue pals.
"An excellent choice for readers who love cozy mysteries, cats, and/or Halloween. This book would be a worthwhile addition to cozy mystery sections to complete the series or as a stand-alone." – Library Journal