Is it even possible for toddlers to do as they're told? Can parents guide their kids effectively without resorting to punishment and yelling? How can we avoid that overwhelming guilt we feel after being too tough with them?
For those who are used to dealing with toddlers, it can seem like all our little ones want to do is misbehave and get into power tussles with us.
Although raising kids can be a challenge, our new roles as parents will be one of the most rewarding ones we will ever have. Undoubtedly, toddlers can be a handful and with so many parenting challenges like temper tantrums, sibling rivalry, lying, bedtime troubles and so on, it can be easy for us to get overwhelmed. However, contrary to popular opinion, the key to administering loving and gentle discipline is mutual respect and not the use of punishments. Regardless of how much love we have for our toddlers, there will surely be some frustration, anger, and even desperation along the way. For this reason, parents need to be firm but kind as well in raising them.
In this book, we cover key areas of parenting with gentle discipline including-
- An introduction to what gentle discipline really is,
- Common toddler behaviors and how to tackle them,
- How to acknowledge toddler needs and manage their emotions,
- Effective techniques for interacting with them,
- Vital keys to success with this approach,
- Practical applications of gentle discipline in everyday life,
- Positive affirmations to help you along the way, and so much more.
Whether you're an expectant parent seeking further knowledge or you already have a toddler and are looking for a useful approach to child upbringing, the practical steps contained in this book will definitely be beneficial to you. Read on to discover steps you can take to ultimately transform your toddler into a responsible adult with healthy and lasting relationships starting now.