Do You Have a Secret? (Let's Talk About It!) (Paperback)
Every child has secrets, and many secrets are fun to keep. This book will help distinguish between the fun secrets and the secrets that can make children feel bad or scared. These are the difficult ones that are best shared with parents, or with a trusted adult.
Parents, teachers, and gift givers will find:
- A book for kids about secrets, feelings, boundaries, and consent
- A children's book to keep kids safe
Do You Have a Secret? helps kids distinguish between good and bad secrets. Everyone has concerns and anxieties, and Let's Talk About It! books are written and illustrated specifically to help children understand tough topics. These books are ideal for adults to read aloud, while their preschooler listens and looks at the story's inviting illustrations. Let's Talk About It! books encourage children to explore their feelings, and then to speak openly about things that trouble them.
What parents and educators are saying:
- This is an amazing book to educate young children on the difference between a good secret and a bad secret. It uses child-friendly language while touching on different forms of abuse to let kids know what is and isn't an appropriate secret to keep. This is a great way to keep your kids protected by equipping them with the knowledge they need to keep them safe, and it opens a door for communication. Appropriate for children as young as 2.
- All preschools should have this book and should be required to read it to all the children!
- I'm very happy with this book- it makes the subject very easy to discuss and is perfect for starting the important conversations about privacy and certain feelings with a 3 year old but also not too simple for a seven year old. I recommend this for every parent to read with their kids and continue to pop it into the rotation through the years as they get older.
- Great book. An awesome and clear way to speak to your children about good secrets and bad secrets! Definitely recommend to all parents!