Other Books in Series
This is book number 6 in the History Smashers series.
- #1: History Smashers: The Mayflower (Paperback): $8.99
- #2: History Smashers: Women's Right to Vote (Paperback): $8.99
- #3: History Smashers: Pearl Harbor (Paperback): $7.99
- #4: History Smashers: The Titanic (Paperback): $8.99
- #5: History Smashers: The American Revolution (Paperback): $8.99
- #7: History Smashers: The Underground Railroad (Paperback): $8.99
- #8: History Smashers: Christopher Columbus and the Taino People (Library Binding): $14.29
Myths! Lies! Secrets! Uncover the hidden truth about history's pandemics, from the Black Death to COVID-19. Perfect for fans of I Survived! and Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales.
During the Black Death in the 14th century, plague doctors wore creepy beaked masks filled with herbs. RIGHT?
WRONG! Those masks were from a plague outbreak centuries later--and most doctors never wore anything like that at all!
With a mix of sidebars, illustrations, photos, and graphic panels, acclaimed author Kate Messner delivers the whole truth about diseases like the bubonic plague, cholera, smallpox, tuberculosis, polio, influenza, and COVID-19.
Discover the nonfiction series that smashes everything you thought you knew about history! Don't miss History Smashers: The Mayflower, Women's Right to Vote, Pearl Harbor, Titanic, and American Revolution.
About the Author
KATE MESSNER is passionately curious and writes books that encourage kids to wonder, too. Her titles include award-winning picture books, like Over and Under the Snow; novels, like Breakout and Chirp; the Fergus and Zeke easy reader series, and the popular Ranger in Time chapter books, and works of nonfiction with a focus on nature and history. Before becoming a full time writer, Kate was a TV journalist and National Board certified middle school English teacher. She lives on Lake Champlain with her family and is trying to summit all 46 Adirondack High Peaks in between book deadlines. Visit katemessner.com and Facebook: Kate Messner for more information and follow her on Twitter @katemessner.