Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the Field Guide series.
- #1: Tom Brown's Field Guide to Wilderness Survival (Paperback): $17.00
- #2: Tom Brown's Field Guide to Nature Observation and Tracking (Paperback): $17.00
- #3: Tom Brown's Field Guide to City and Suburban Survival (Paperback): $16.00
- #5: Tom Brown's Field Guide to Wild Edible and Medicinal Plants (Paperback): $16.00
- #6: Tom Brown's Field Guide to the Forgotten Wilderness: Discover the Wonders of Nature in Your Own Backyard (Paperback): $15.00
- #7: Tom Brown's Field Guide to Nature and Survival for Children (Paperback): $15.00
In the fourth book in his bestselling survival series, master tracker and outdoorsman Tom Brown, Jr. goes beyond survival and unlocks his personal storehouse of experience to share the secrets of adaptation, the single most important survival skill.
Includes details on:
• How to construct your own superbly functional "Earthshelter" in any environment, in any season, with any materials
• How to make your own tools, weapons, furniture, clothing, utensils, even works of art, from materials plentiful in the wilderness
• How to use the plants, animals, and earth around you to nurture you both physically and spiritually, as so-called "primitive peoples" have done since the dawn of time.
TOM BROWN'S FIELD GUIDES: America's most popular nature reference books, Tom Brown's bestselling field guides are specially designed for both beginners and experienced explorers. Fully illustrated and comprehensive, each volume includes practical information, time-tested nature skills, and exciting new ways to rediscover the earth around us.
About the Author
Tom Brown, Jr. began to learn hunting and tracking at the age of eight under the tutelage of an Apache elder, medicine man, and scout in Toms River, New Jersey, and is the author of 16 books on nature. He was the technical advisor on The Hunted, a major motion picture starring Tommy Lee Jones and Benecio Del Toro. In 1978, Tom founded the Tracker School in the New Jersey Pine Barrens where he offers more than 25 classes about wilderness survival and environmental protection.