In this six-session video Bible study, New York Times bestselling author Lysa TerKeurst offers a safe place to share your disappointments, fresh biblical insight to get you through painful situations, and life-giving perspectives for living between Eden and eternity.
Life often looks very different than we hoped or expected. Some events may simply catch us off guard for a moment, but others shatter us completely. At times like these, it's easy to feel disappointed and disillusioned and to wonder about the reality of God's goodness.
So what do you do when God's timing seems questionable, his lack of intervention hurtful, and his promises doubtful?
Lysa understands this deeply. But she's also discovered that our disappointments can be the divine appointments our souls need to radically encounter God. In this video Bible study (DVD/digital video sold separately), Lysa invites small groups and individuals into her own journey of faith. With vulnerability and honest humor, she helps us:
- Learn how to better process unmet expectations and other painful situations.
- Train ourselves to recognize the three strategies of the enemy so we can stand strong and persevere through unsettling relationships and uncertain outcomes.
- Discover the secret of remaining trustful when God seems to give us more than we can handle.
- Shift our suspicion that God is cruel or unfair to the biblical assurance that God is protecting and preparing us for what's next.
- Know how to encourage a friend and help her navigate hard realities with real help from God's truth.
- The Birthplace of Disappointment
- Living Between Two Gardens
- Problems Placed On Us and Problems Within Us
- The Four Steps of Restoration
- When the Enemy Comes Against Us
- Kingdom Minded, Eternally Focused
Designed for use with the It's Not Supposed to Be This Way Video Study available on DVD or streaming video, sold separately.