Title is Backordered
All You Need to Know, and Nothing You Don't, to Start Creating and Deploying Web Sites---In Full Color To design, build, and deploy modern websites, you need three core skills: the ability to write and edit HTML, wield CSS to control page design, and create efficient web layouts that serve users well. But you don't need to learn everything about HTML, CSS and web layout, just how to use them efficiently to solve real problems. In Learn Enough HTML, CSS and Layout to Be Dangerous, expert developer Lee Donahoe and renowned instructor Michael Hartl teach the specific concepts, skills, and approaches you need to get the job done. Even if you've never created a web page, the authors help you quickly build technical sophistication and master the lore you need to succeed. Focused exercises help you internalize what matters, without wasting time on details pros don't care about. Soon, it'll be like you were born knowing this stuff--and you'll be suddenly, seriously dangerous. Learn enough about . . .
- Deploying a simple but real website to the live Web right away
- Adding advanced styling to websites, including CSS Flexbox and CSS Grid
- Installing and configuring Jekyll, a static site generator
- Getting started with templating systems and programming languages
- Mastering key layout principles for web design
- Registering and configuring custom domains, with custom URLs and email addresses
- Receiving email at your domain with Google's G Suite
- Setting up analytics to better understand your site's visitors
- Making all these technologies work well together
About the Author
Lee Donahoe is cofounder of Learn Enough and is an entrepreneur, designer, and front-end developer. At the age of 16 his late father handed him a tutorial on HTML, and for more than 25 years since then he has been creating things for the Web. In addition to doing the design and front-end development for Learn Enough, Softcover, and the Ruby on Rails Tutorial, he is also a cofounder and front-end developer for Coveralls, a leading test coverage analysis service, and is tech cofounder and front-end developer for Buck Mason, a Los Angeles based clothing company once featured on ABC's Shark Tank. Lee is a graduate of USC, where he studied economics as well as multimedia and creative technologies. Michael Hartl created the legendary Ruby on Rails(TM) Tutorial that helped jumpstart thousands of web development careers. A cofounder and principal author at Learn Enough, Hartl previously earned a Ph.D. in physics at the California Institute of Technology (Caltech), where he received a Lifetime Achievement Award for Excellence in Teaching. He is also an alumnus of Harvard University and the world-renowned Y Combinator entrepreneur program.